Wednesday, April 29, 2009

UN Refugee Poster


In the halls of Refugee Resettlement Center I volunteer at, there is a poster pinned to the wall. It speaks the words of refugee thoughts. It inspires those working with refugees to press on. Here is what is says:

I HOPE they won't kill me. I HOPE nobody's following me. I HOPE I don't step on a landmine. I HOPE I find some water soon. I HOPE I don't die out here. I HOPE someone will find me. I HOPE the United Nations can help me. I HOPE they've got food and shelter. I HOPE they can help me find my family. I HOPE we'll be able to go back one day. I HOPE we find a place to call home. I HOPE we learn to fit in. I HOPE we can build a future here. I HOPE we never, ever, have to run again.

The United Nations gives 19 million refugees reason to HOPE.

No comments: