Saturday, August 9, 2008

Luke 2:34-35

I've been chewing my way through Luke chapter 2 for the last two days and am finding myself drawn over and over to verses 34-35 (NLT): "This child (speaking about Jesus) will be rejected by many in Israel, and it will be their undoing. But He will be the greatest joy to many others. Thus the deepest thoughts of many hearts will be revealed."

This is a good reminder for me as I continue to love on and build friendships with people who don't know Jesus. Many people will reject Him. That makes me so sad. Those who reject Him have either witnessed Him for themselves or heard the stories about what He's done, yet they turn away from their one, true hope. Somehow, this Scripture encourages me to press on in reaching out to those who do not know Jesus as their Savior... because regardless of where they fall after the experience of encountering God (in this case, through me), their hearts will be revealed through the encounter.

My hope is that Jesus will be their greatest joy, and not their undoing. This keeps me going.

No comments: