Sunday, January 31, 2010

Haiti Here I Come

I am headed out in the morning for Haiti. There is a team that has been there for the past week from Visiting Orphans (the same org I'm traveling with). They've welcomed tons of new kids and shared some amazing stories!

* One little girl who arrived by flight to the orphanage from PAP in a full body cast with all the care instructions and removal instructions written on the cast! And the words: God loves you.

* One little one boy with a broken femur, also in a full body cast, but upon Xraying him our team saw that his broken bone was never set!

* One of the team members was hit by a speeding motorcycle and survived with just a few scrapes & bruises!

I won't be online while I'm out there. But will return with plenty of good stories for yall. I collected 100 pounds worth of medical supplies and clothes to take down for the kids. A big thanks to everyone who donated just from watching my Facebook posts. I'm not taking a camera-- no room-- so if someone else gets pictures I'll post those too.

PRAYERS for the kids would be appreciated! I'm sure they are still in shock, scared, out of sorts, possibly in pain (if recovering from injuries), and (if newly orphaned) sad. They are transitioning to a new city, a new living space, new friends, new authority figures, new... new... new. So, keep praying for their sweet little hearts to adjust well and to feel the comfort of our GREAT COMFORTER, Jesus Christ.

3 comments:

dreamingBIGdreams said...

so happy you are going!!! will be thinking about you LOTS and LOTS and LOTS!

Anonymous said...

Praying for you and your team!

Anonymous said...

Praying for you and your team!