Saturday, October 4, 2008

Feeling Too Lame for My Musician Husband

Today, Andy put iTunes on my computer and sync'd my baby ipod. He gave me an ipod last year for my birthday in an effort to get me up to date with this generation. I loaded a bunch of old sermon CDs I had in my bookcase onto it and that was it. But today, he wanted to teach me how to input music CDs in case I decide I want to have some of my old CDs on this fancy ipod thingy.

Now, as if I wasn't already feeling pretty uncool because I am married to a musician and never listen to music... now I was outed that I only had sermons on my ipod... and thirdly-- and this is the worst part-- I flipped through my old (pre-wedding) CD wallet to find a CD I wanted to import during Andy's teaching demo for me and I was flat out imbarrassed! Mind you, I have never been a big music person. Always perferred movies to music, but for your laughing-pleasure, here is a sampling:
  • The Wedding Singer, soundtrack
  • Dido, no angel (not sure I've even listened to it)
  • Jack Ingram, jack ingram
  • 10,000 Maniacs, our time in eden
  • Pretty Woman, soundtrack
  • Madonna, ray of light
  • The Wedding Singer, additional soundtrack
  • Dirty Dancing, soundtrack
  • Will Smith, willenium (funny side-story about karoke-ing this in front of Andy's parents the second time I'd ever met them... a story for another day)
  • Footloose, soundtrack
  • Singles, soundtrack
  • Jerry Maguire, soundtrack
  • Titanic, soundtrack
  • The Bodyguard, soundtrack
  • Red Hot Chili Peppers, californication
  • Some Kind of Wonderful, soundtrack (yes, the movie from 1987)
  • My Best Friend's Wedding, soundtrack

Are you all laughing yet? Cuz, you should be. Let me continue...

  • Austin Powers, soundtrack
  • Forest Gump, soundtrack
  • Charlies Angels, soundtrack
  • Natalie Merchant, tigerlily
  • Moulin Rouge, soundtrack
  • GoGo's, greatest hits
  • Field of Dreams, soundtrack
  • The Living Sea, (IMAX) soundtrack
  • Dixie Chicks, fly
  • INXS, welcome to wherever you are (font is old school dos format)
  • The Cranberries, everybody else is doing it (i cannot even tell you one song on this album)
  • Elton John, CD single of "The One"
  • Pretenders, last of the independants (I think I saw them on SNL one time)
  • Dave Matthews, under the table dreaming
  • Rusted Root, when i woke (I am not even sure I remember who they are)
  • Honeymoon in Vegas, soundtrack
  • Reality Bites, soundtrack
  • Dazed and Confused, soundtrack

There. I am a musical D-O-R-K. Just for your laughing pleasure.

1 comment:

susan said...

I'm sooo sorry....I can't laugh at you OR I'd have to laugh at myself too! I have some of those same CDs. If you really wanna laugh, I could sent you my list of what I have on vinyl.......