Thursday, March 4, 2010

Another Perspective on Islam & Women


I was reading my blog-roll today and found an interesting post from my friend Constance, who lives in Thailand. As if the global cause she works & fights for isn't enough to occupy her full attention... she finds time on the side to read about the plight of women in Islam the world over. Her post today catalogs a few books I hadn't heard of before (that I will now read) and points out one very important thing--
"what i don't think we consider enough is that perhaps people in places like iran and yemen fear their own governments. women and children in countries like this are not exactly on board with the fanatical clerical rulings and terrorism."

Go read her post. Its short & thoughtful!

1 comment:

Leticia Ana said...

I thought of you when I read Con's blog this morning! I was going to tell you to go buy the books! Ha!