Friday, August 21, 2009

Want to Pray for Muslims?

Today begins an important month in the lives of Muslims around the world... today is the first day of Ramadan, the month-long fast that is one of the major traditions of Islam. From sunrise to sunset for about 30 days Muslims abstain from food, drink (even water), smoking, and sex. They do this to remember the month that Mohammad received his revelations that eventually became the Quran. Austin Stone's Make Disciples blog has posted a few updates that help explain Ramadan if you are interested in more info.

Each year, there is an organization that puts out a little prayer booklet that serves as a guide for Christians to pray for Muslims during this critical period of their year. This is website... http://www.30-days.net/ . I ordered about 50 of the booklets to be able to give out to my friends who are interested in joining me on this journey of prayer for Muslims... Do you want one? Let me know and I'll get it to ya! Its really great because it helps me have some guidance and focus for my prayers for Muslims... PLUS I get to keep the book and use it year round too.

2 comments:

Good Samaritan School said...

and by "today" i meant tomorrow. spent my whole day thinking it was the 22nd!

biblegems said...

Thanks so much for posting about the ministry. We are seeing more Christians pray and miracles are happening across the Muslim world.

Much appreciated. Ron and the http://www.30-days.net team